Now that the digital is the default method of communication, the web is everyone’s job. Learn to create effective content for your website, social media, and email newsletters.
This 1-day workshop will provide participants with tools, tips, and tricks for creating content that gives users what they want and helps achieve business goals. We’ll cover technical aspects of digital content as well as how to write useful and actionable content.
What you’ll learn
Participants will learn principles of digital writing and practice them with lots of exercises using their own content. We allow time for questions and discussions. Progressive exercises through the day will result in a newly re-written web page or email.
We will cover the following components of digital writing:
- Principles of digital writing
- Writing to meet user needs
- How people read on screens
- Basic usability standards
- Use of plain language
- Writing compelling headlines and persuasive copy
- Basic search engine optimization (SEO)
- Mobile and social media considerations
Space is limited to allow for individual attention throughout the day.
Who should attend
You should attend if you
- write copy for websites
- send official email communications
- are new to digital writing
- want to learn how to create user-centered content
- want to write better web copy or send email communications for your organization
What people have said
“Carrie couples usability and SEO tricks with web content best practices to help you create engaging, findable content that meets your goals.”
-- Courtney, American Society for Microbiology