Build skills to create content with purpose and processes that enhance collaboration.
CREATING Effective Web CONTENT
Now that the digital is the default method of communication, the web is everyone’s job. Gain confidence in creating effective content for your website, social media, and mass email communications. This workshop provides attendees with tools, tips, and tricks for creating content that gives your readers what they want and helps achieve business goals. It covers technical aspects of digital content as well as how to write useful and actionable content.
What you'll learn
- User-centered writing techniques
- Writing compelling headlines and persuasive copy
- Basic search engine optimization (SEO) techniques
- Think from the user's point of view to create user-centric and goal-oriented content
- Write for easier reading on screens
- Create findable and usable content that is focused on user task completion
This workshop empowered me with so many skills that will help me improve my organization's online presence and help my co-workers become better writers. Thank you! --Donya
A succinct but thorough, down to earth, and practical overview. You'll leave with an immediate 'to do' list that's actually doable.
Content Design Workshop
When you design your content from the inside-out, you focus on the core tasks your audience needs to accomplish. Before you start writing a word, you need to identify what the content is supposed to accomplish, what the readers’ needs are, where people are coming from, and what they will do after reading the information. Then can you define the core content to satisfy your goals and readers’ expectations.
What you'll learn
- Skills to create content that gets action
- Process for creating usable content that you can publish on your website
- Collaboration techniques to use continually
- Repeatable process for creating content that gets results
- Alignment across departments for better collaboration
- Findable, usable, and useful content
This workshop is offered as an in-house facilitated workshop for your team. You already have the right people to do it! They just need a little coaching to get going.
Designing Connected Content
Experts map the world, users mark the points of interest, and you build it. Your organization is full of subject matter experts. Take their knowledge and turn it into a digital content framework so you can restructure, reuse, and remix content. Make it easier to for people and computers to find, explore, and share. In any interface. On any device.
What You'll Learn
- How to extract concepts and relationships about a subject area from experts to create a domain model
- Advantages of using structured content for omni-channel publishing
- How content influences interface design
- Ability to create domain and content models, atomize content, and turn it into an interface
- Bring user journeys and stories to life with your content management system
- Flexible content that can be used across all your communications channels
This workshop can be done as a conference workshop, facilitated workshop to create a domain and content model for your organization, or standalone training event.
Looking for other ways to create better content or learn techniques for solving content problems? We can create a custom training package for your needs.