Build skills to create content that empowers, guides, educates, informs, inspires, or converts.
We believe content is too important to continually outsource. Prepare you team for the next frontier. Make your content work harder so you don't have to.
Creating Effective Web Content
Content is the most important asset your organization has. It needs to engage, sell, educate, inform, inspire, or convert. You’ve got a decentralized team of content creators who need to produce effective content for your website, social media, and mass email communications. It’s time to align them on your target audience, editorial standards, and content development goals.
This workshop provides attendees with tools, tips, and tricks for creating content that gives your audience what they want and helps achieve business goals. It covers all aspects of digital content design, including how to write useful and actionable content, SEO, and plain language guidelines.
You'll learn how to:
- Identify what your audience wants
- Write so your message is understood the first time
- Make your content more precise and concise
- Basic search engine optimization (SEO) techniques
- Content that increases engagement
- Findable and usable content
- Alignment among content creators
What attendees have said
Why a Group Content Workshop?
Group training provides an effective, efficient, and economical way to gain new content creation skills. Bringing all staff with responsibility for creating content together for a workshop provides an opportunity for dedicated time to learn how to create content that gives your audiences what they need and helps your organization achieve its goals. An on-site workshop exclusively for your team allows attendees to use their own content and receive immediate and relevant feedback.
This workshop is for you if you:
- Are about to embark on a website redesign
- Have just finished a website redesign
- Have a decentralized content creation team for your digital channels
- Want to get a better return on investment from your content
The Creating Effective Web Content workshop is customizable for your situation with options for a half-day workshop, a full-day workshop, or a series of shorter workshops. All attendees get a workbook.
The workshop is facilitated by Carrie Hane, the founder and principal strategist of Tanzen. For nearly 20 years, Carrie has helped organizations rethink how they create, manage, and connect content and digital systems. Throughout her content strategy practice, she has served as an in-house web leader and agency content strategy practice lead, working with all types of clients. She is also the co-author of Designing Connected Content: Plan and Model Digital Products for Today and Tomorrow (New Riders, 2018).
Designing Connected Content
Experts map the world, users mark the points of interest, and you build it. Your organization is full of subject matter experts. Take their knowledge and turn it into a digital content framework so you can restructure, reuse, and remix content. Make it easier to for people and computers to find, explore, and share. In any interface. On any device.
What You'll Learn
- How to extract concepts and relationships about a subject area from experts to create a domain model
- Advantages of using structured content for omni-channel publishing
- How content influences interface design
- Ability to create domain and content models, atomize content, and turn it into an interface
- Bring user journeys and stories to life with your content management system
- Flexible content that can be used across all your communications channels
This workshop can be done as a conference workshop, facilitated workshop to create a domain and content model for your organization, or standalone training event.
Looking for other ways to create better content or learn techniques for solving content problems? We can create a custom training package for your needs.